About your Search

20090801
20090831
Search Results 0 to 1 of about 2
, and harry reid has it and under president obama's direction, will use it. in this reconciliation, it's a tool, legal, part of the senate rules, you lower the vote from 60 to 50. now, people are saying on, you can't get enough stuff in there. you can get 80% to 90% of a health care plan in there. the other 10%, 20%, you can legislate inkra mentally. that's easy to do. republican reconciliation will be the vehicle they will use to pass this plan. again, another contrast to 2003, the prescription drug plan, so seniors have affordable access to plans, the far right didn't like it, the left didn't like it, i was in the middle and we pulled the group together and passed it with 60 votes. it can be done if you say we're gb going to listen to everybody. once you say we're going to cram it through with 50 votes, you can only get 50 votes and there's the risk of a big backlash. >> the senator's going to be with us for the rest of the program. we have a lot to talk about, not only with health care but also how we're seeing this ripple through the system and the markets as well. he'll be with us
. senate majority leader harry reid says he has the votes to pass the bill. senate leaders plan to introduce an amendment to it. if any of them pass, the house would need to pass the amended bill. the problem there is that the house was already in recess, which is why the market has been going up every day. but senate and democratic aids say they don't expect it to pass. >> the wisdom of crowds. >> you've already shaken off your, like, love of washington from tuesday. >> yeah. it's a one night of sleep. but i did like standing up there with those guys. >> i was just going to say, that shirt and tie looks like a run for congress. >> cufflinks today? >> no. that's too hard. >> we know you're not that committed the. >> no. if i'm going to run, i don't want to deal with -- it depends on whether i keep them on all day. >> you would have to kiss a lot of babies. i don't know that moms will want to -- >> that is the problem. you do have to talk to people a lot. >> people you don't know and you have to be nice, leave a good impression, not -- >> also in washington today, the white house
Search Results 0 to 1 of about 2